The Rossarol, built in Genoa in 1913, was launched on August 15th, 1914 as a 85 meter long and 8 meter wide Italian destroyer. After the proclamation of the end of war, the ship had set off from Pula to Rijeka, following the plan of mine fields. On 16th November 1918 she hit a mine on the fourth mine field about 2 NM near Ližnjan, which sliced the ship in two parts. The bigger bow part, which is about 50 meters long, is situated upside down at this wreck's maximal depth of 55 meters. Its cracked skirting board makes it possible to see the artillery bomb shells in the bow repository. The stern, which is about 30 meters long, is lying about 300 meters south, in a standing position in shallower waters. Also, the whole low armament is very well preserved.